The World Premiere for the highly anticipated movie “Mulan” by Disney took place at the Dolby Theatre in West Hollywood in March 2020. It was attended by hundreds of people including the team of actors and producers behind the film, journalists and big fans of Disney and the predecessor animation movie.
We are going to be telling you all about the well-known names that attended this movie premiere event as well as information about the venue where the premiere was held.
Celebrities That Attended Disney’s Mulan World Premiere.
- Jasmine Yen, Donnie Yen, Cissy Wang, and James Yen, the Yen family is an influential family hailing from Hong Kong, the head of the family Donnie Yen is one of the most popular Chinese actors and is known for his prominent roles in action films. His wife Cissy Wang is a model, while his children Jasmine and James have both dabbled with acting.
- Christina Aguilera, an American actress and singer that was at the height of her career during the late 2010s during which she released multiple hit songs that are classics to this day such as ‘Genie in a Bottle’, ‘What a Girl Wants’ and ‘Come On Over Baby’ which were all number 1 in the Billboard 100 chart in the United States.
- Yoson An, an actor born in autonomous region of Macau in China and moved to New Zealand with his family at the age of 7. In 2012 An landed his first role in a movie called Ghost Bride, An works in both Mandarin and English language films.
- Yifei Liu, a Chinese-American actress born in the city of Wuhan in China and spending a considerable amount of years of her childhood in France before her parents divorced, Liu comes from a well off family and started modeling at the age of 10 before joining the Beijing Film Academy and eventually being named in the top four most promising actresses in all of China.
- Jet Li, a Chinese actor and also a retired martial artist who has competed at elite levels at the Wushu martial art which is popular in China and other Southeast Asian countries. Li is well known for appearing in action films where he plays both villains and heroes, these films include Lethal Weapon 4, The One and War.
- Lana Condor, an American actress that has Vietnamese ancestry, Condor has an interesting upbringing in that she originally grew up in an orphanage before she was adopted by her American parents. Condor made her prominent first appearance in movies in 2016 when she played a mutant in Marvel’s X-Men Apocalypse.
- Jaimie Alexander, an American actress who is a veteran in the movie industry, at the age of 19 Jaimie Alexander landing her first big role as the protagonist in the film The Other Side, since then she has appeared in other big films such as Thor and Broken Vows as well as the CSI: Miami television series.
- Dania Ramirez, an American-Dominican who is well-known for featuring in popular television series such as Entourage and The Sopranos. As of late Ramirez has also taken advantage of her impressive CV to land roles in movies such as X-Men: The Last Stand as well as Illegal Tender and Mojave.
- Meg Donnelly, an American actress who is just 19 years old as of writing this article, however despite her young age Donnelly has appeared in prominent films such as Team Toon on Netflix and the American Housewife television series on CBS.
- Ming-Na Wen, one of the most successful American actresses from Chinese origin, Wen has appeared in a large number of movies and television series including ER which went on from 1995 to 2004 and also Stargate Universe that was aired from 2009 to 2011.
What Is the Mulan Movie About?
Mulan is a classic children’s animation film that is being one of the many such popular animated movies released during the late 1990s and early 2000s that is being recreated as a live-action movie. The Mulan movie is about a Chinese girl who dresses as a male in order to serve in Chinese army that is battling the invading Mongols because her father is now too frail to serve, and she is scared that he will get killed.
Throughout the movie, Mulan will struggle to fit in with the other men in the army as well as with keeping her secret hidden. The aim of the movie is to inspire girls and females of all ages that they can do whatever they set their minds to.
Where Was the World Premiere of Disney’s Mulan Held?
The Mulan Movie Premiere was held at the Dolby Theatre which is located in Hollywood near the coast and also the world-renowned Hollywood Walk of Fame. Construction of this venue was completed in 2001 at an estimated total cost of $94 million, in total it took 4 years for the cinema to be completed.
Today the Dolby Theatre is a massive cinema with a capacity of 3,400 people making it the perfect venue to host premieres for the biggest movies released that year in the entire world.
Also read the article: World Premiere of “Bloodshot” in Westwood, Los Angeles, California