Disney’s Frozen 2 World Premiere took place on the 7th of November 2019 and it featured some of the world’s biggest actors, celebrities and internet personalities. The event allowed the limited number of attendees to view the finished movie that will be released on the 22nd of November 2019. The world premiere for Disney’s “Frozen 2” took place at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles USA and showcased iconic characters such as Elsa the Snow Queen, Anna and Olaf the snowman. Dear readers, in this article we are going to be telling you everything that you need to know about one of the biggest animated films for children.
What Is This Film About and Who Are the Main Characters?
The premise of the film is around a princess called Elsa, her sister Anna and adventurer Kristoff travelling across her kingdom to break an evil spell that has cast a permanent winter over her kingdom. Throughout her journey she becomes acquainted to a variety of interesting characters, both good and bad that we go into further detail about below.
Main characters in Frozen:
- Elsa, voice by Idina Menzel, Elsa is a Snow Princess who has magical powers to control ice and snow which she uses to her advantage when traversing the dangerous environment created by the evil spell cast on her kingdom.
- Anna, the younger sister of Princess Elsa, this character is voiced by well-known American actress Kristen Bell who has been a voice actor in other popular animation films for kids such as Zootopia, Ralph Breaks the Internet and The Cat Returns which is a Japanese anime film. She is known in the film for being a lot more optimistic and also mischievous than her older sister Elsa.
- Kristoff, an ice harvester and also a reindeer herder, this character is voiced by Jonathan Groff. Kristoff has an interesting story as he was raised in the wilderness by a bunch of trolls and has trouble at the beginning with trusting humans although he does eventually agree to help.
- Olaf, a character literally created by Princess Elsa who created him from a few piles of snow using a spell, so she can have a companion out there in the woods. Olaf is arguably the funniest character in the movie and is the punchline for many jokes, due to his apparent love for warm hugs and tropical climates even though he would melt if he was ever exposed to them.
- Hans, the bad guy of the movie who was voiced by Santino Fontana. At the start of the movie Hans is portrayed as a good and kind character however his true intentions are eventually revealed with his plan being to marry and then kill Elsa before marrying her sister Anna.
Who Attended This Event?
A few hundred people were present at the premiere with the majority of them being part of the production of the movie including animators, script and story writers as well as the voice actors and other well-known celebrities based in Los Angeles who gave the event free promotion by just attending it.
Celebrities Who Attended This Event.
- Selena Gomez, a world renowned popular singer who is behind popular hits such as Come & Get It, Same Old Love, It Ain’t Me and Good for You. The American singer attended the launch event for the movie wearing a matching dress with her little sister that went viral online and in news publications.
- Kristen Bell, as one of the voice actors behind the main protagonists of the movie, Kristen Bell was at the center of attention. Before becoming a critically acclaimed children’s film voice actor, Bell has featured in a ton of blockbuster films including ‘When in Rome’, ‘Scream 4’ and ‘Spartan’.
- Wichayanee Piaklin, many of the fans of the Frozen movie series may not recognize this name, however Piaklin is a singer from Thailand that sings for Elsa in the Frozen movie. Piaklin is also the actual voice of Elsa in the Thai version of the Frozen films.
- Idina Menzel, the voice actress for Elsa who is the main protagonist of this children’s animated musical, apart from being talented voice actor Menzel thanks to her experience in theater has major singing parts throughout the movie.
- Evan Rachel Wood, another celebrity that attracted attention was Evan Wood who is the voice actress behind Queen Iduna who is the mother of Elsa and Anna in the films.
How Did the First Frozen Movie Perform and Why Is the Series so Popular?
The first Frozen movie was released in 2013 and was one of the most popular films at the time with the film bringing in over $1.2 billion in box office making it as of writing this article the 15th most profitable film ever made. This figure excludes the other sources of revenue for Disney such as selling merchandise, selling DVDs and also live events at their many theme parks around the globe.
From the outset that the trailer for the film it was released, many people knew it will be very successful. After all it was released by Disney who are behind the majority of the most iconic children’s films ever made such as Lion King, Aladdin, Bambi and Pinocchio. Furthermore, the film was a musical which is very popular with little children as it helps them remember the film and adds a higher chance of the film being re-watched.
Finally, it goes without saying that the film had a massive production budget of over $280 million as well as hundreds of millions being spent on marketing on top of that. This allowed them to hire the very best animators; story and script writers as well as the biggest names in Hollywood to help them further market the movie.