Looking young and fresh is every woman’s dream. But with the passage of time, the youthful glow of the skin starts to deteriorate and women start experiencing many other aging signs. This usually happens after 40 when hormonal changes are taking place inside the body. However, there are some factors that contribute to making a woman look older than she actually is. These include stress, bad eating habits, not taking care of the skin, drinking alcohol, and not exercising on a regular basis. Taking care of your physical and mental health is very important if you want to look younger with a glowing skin.
In this post, we are going to address the question how can I look younger at 40 by exploring some natural ways to delay the process of aging.
Things that Can Make You Look Older.
Let’s first look at some of the things that contribute to making one look older than their chronological age:
- It is now an established fact that tanning is bad for your skin. It not only accelerates the aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines, but may also cause skin cancer.
- While Vitamin C has been found to be really good for the skin, the excess of anything is bad. Too much vitamin intake may cause the skin to crack and dry up, leading to the formation of wrinkles at an early age.
- Sleeplessness is often linked with stress, and not getting enough sleep makes you look older. In fact, it has some serious consequences that show up only at a later stage.
- Women nowadays use a lot of skincare products from toners and moisturizers to face wash and night creams. The use of these products should be limited if you want to have youthful skin.
- The negative effects of drinking alcohol on physical and mental health can’t be highlighted enough. It speeds up the aging process, among other things, which could mean looking older and worn out at an early age.
- Exercise promotes blood circulation, which is good for the skin. Your skin would look more youthful and glowing when it receives proper nutrition.
- Sexual intercourse serves to balance out the levels of hormones in our body, which is required not just for a great complexion but also for making the skin look more youthful and healthy.
- Smoking is bad for our overall health, and it is particularly detrimental to our skin. It has been found that it causes premature aging and the formation of wrinkles and fine lines way before you’re 40.
How Can I Look Younger at 40? Tips From Life Experience.
There are natural ways to look younger at 40 because at this age there is no need to try other treatments like Botox for wrinkles and fine lines. Try these easy to follow methods to address your aging signs and look more youthful and full-of-life.
Get Rid of Stress.
There is nothing more detrimental to our physical health than constant and uncontrolled stress. If you feel stressed out most of the time, look at the reasons behind it and try to get rid of them. Meditation and yoga are also good for combating stress without taking medications to cure this condition. Some foods are also known for improving the mood of a person and crushing stress.
Drink Green Tea.
Green tea is rich in a compound EGCG, which is also known as anti-aging antioxidant. Green tea is also found as an ingredient in many skincare products formulated to bring back that youthful glow. It is also good for the stomach and promotes overall physical health by aiding in weight loss. It has been found that green tea is the second most widely used beverage in the world.
Exercise or any type of physical activity promotes healthy skin and also makes a person physically fit. Women, who go on crash diets instead of exercising on a regular basis, end up with wrinkled and old-looking skin. Swimming is also a great way to burn extra calories and get in shape.
Use Olive Oil for Cooking.
Olive oil, like green tea, is rich in antioxidants that are good for overall health. It has been particularly found to be great for age-related diseases, including premature aging of the skin. Limit your consumption of oily foods that contain bad fats to see some positive effects of healthy eating on the skin.
Avoid Using Makeup Regularly.
Makeup is bad for the skin, especially products that are oil-based. Too much makeup also causes the skin to lose its moisture and dry up before age. The result is the formation of wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes. If you are in the habit of doing makeup regularly, then it is recommended to remove it completely before going to bed and use a good moisturizer afterwards to keep the skin well hydrated.
The importance of drinking water for promoting overall health cannot be emphasized enough. Water keeps your skin hydrated and also causes the stomach to lose certain toxins from the body that are bad for our health and may cause acne and other skin disorders. It is recommended to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Premature skin aging makes us look older at an early age, which is usually caused by environmental factors and our own lifestyle. Looking young and energetic is not impossible; in fact, you’re genetically coded to look old only after 50. The only thing we need to do is to take proper care of our body and avoid things that can make us look old and worn out. There is no need to shell out a lot of money on expensive treatments and products that are advertised as age-reversing agents. There are some natural ways to get that youthful glow back that are also good for our overall health and well-being. Remember these points whenever the question, how can I look younger at 40, pops up in your mind.
Be always Beautiful!