Beginning over 6000 years ago in Ancient Egypt where both men and women lined their eyes with kohl to give an exotic look.
Ancient Greece and the Romans painting their faces with grounded mineral stones to the Chinese people using lethal arsenic face powder, makeup can be said to be a phenomenal common beauty standard for most cultures throughout the whole world.
Nowadays, the ideal face makeup has evolved over the last 100 years from applying layers of products that can be seen from several feet away to a very subtle natural glow with just a hint of makeup, accentuating the facial features while concealing defects of appearance.
So let’s get started – All the Subtleties of Everyday Makeup!
Makeup has advanced from not just to “Look Beautiful”, it has also been used as a form of disguise, to express personal statement, the limit for its use going only as far as the artist creativity and imagination will allow.
All the subtleties of everyday makeup involve using cosmetics in a way that looks like your beauty comes entirely from a healthy lifestyle, freshness, and nature with barely a hint of makeup. Subtle makeup gives you a fresh, expressive, and awake appearance.
For a longer-lasting makeup and for the health of your skin, it is important to have an everyday skincare routine. This routine will help your skin to keep looking fresh, free from blemishes and acne, which might require more makeup to cover up.
The processes of skin preparation are:
Cleansing Your Face.
Start and end each day by washing your face with a mild face wash, gel or foam.
- Massage the face wash into your skin in a circular motion for 30 seconds.
- Rinse away with lukewarm water.
- Gently pat your face dry with a clean towel set aside for the face.
Moisturizing after cleansing the face helps to prevent dryness on your skin. You can use:
- A non-alcoholic facial toner, to balance the pH of the skin previously disturbed by washing.
- The hydrating serum helps to lock in moisturize.
- You can also use a basic facial moisturizer.
This is especially important on days when it’s warm and sunny. Sunscreen should be worn all year round, as it helps to protect your face from UVA/UVB rays of the sun, keeping your skin free from premature aging, wrinkles, and skin cancer. When buying a sunscreen, choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15.
Creation of Delicate MakeUp.
A subtle makeup look is ideal for days when you don’t think a daring makeup will be appropriate for the occasion, or you are either in a rush and don’t have the time, or the patience to commit to a more serious makeup look. Subtle makeup is perfect for a standard workday, a first date, hanging out with friends, keeping you looking naturally fresh.
To create that natural look, you may want:
- Face primer;
- 24hours light-weight foundation;
- Full coverage waterproof concealer;
- Loose powder;
- Brow pencil or a brow gel;
- Voluminous mascara;
- Lip gloss or lipstick.
The steps involved in you obtaining a natural look are:
Step 1 – A Light Base.
A base is totally optional; however, using it will help your cosmetic last longer. A base can either be a face primer or a foundation.
Primer helps with oil control and provides something for your makeup to stay onto.
- A face primer should be applied with your index finger and gently rubbed on your face.
Applying foundation for a natural look should not be cakey, but should be applied ever so slightly so your other products can stay on.
- Your foundation should be a close shade to your skin tone.
- Your foundation may also be mixed with few highlighters for an extra glow.
- You can either use your fingers, a beauty blender, or a foundation brush to apply the foundation evenly on your face.
Step 2 – Concealing.
Concealing helps to hide your trouble areas, such as scars and blotchy skin.
- Concealer as the name implies helps to hide areas of dark spots as well as under-eye dark circles.
- Concealer can also be used to contour the face by applying on the bridge of the nose and under the eyes and blend in with a beauty blender.
Step 3 – Get Your Brows Right.
Current makeup trends target the brows as the focal point, to achieve excellent brows, use a brow gel, or a brow pencil to gently fill in your brows, comb through it with a spoolie and also conceal the edges to give a natural newly waxed brow look.
Step 4 – Use Powder.
To help set your foundation and concealer, and avoid any smear, gently brush some loose powder employing a powder brush onto the areas of your face prone to oiliness.
For a more natural look, the foundation can be skipped and powder use alone.
Step 5 – Intensify Your Eyes.
This process is completely optional – but can be used to make your eye look pop with the application of:
- A light dusting of shimmering eye shadows on your upper eyelid.
- Mascara on the upper and lower eyelashes.
Step 6 – Glow from Within.
You can achieve the illusion of a natural glow by using a bronzer correctly. Opt for a bronzer that is two shades darker than your skin tone, and use a large powder brush to sweep bronzer onto each cheek. To apply:
- Make a smiling face to ensure you get the right spot on your cheeks. You should make sure the bronzer is simply enough to give you a natural definition.
Step 7 – Highlight.
The highlight should be added to the high point of your face – your brow bones, cheekbones, cupid bow, and the tip of the nose. Remember, more is less! Do not do too much with the shimmer.
Step 8 – Add Color to Your Lips.
For your lips, you can either go along with a daring color or use a lip gloss depending on your personal style.
Applying natural makeup doesn’t need to be an expert. Cosmetic can be applied on the go to give you a more awake, prepared for the day look. Check out all the subtleties of everyday makeup and achieve the look you want!
Also read the article: Makeup for a Business Woman