Increasing your intellectual abilities will have a lot of benefits to your everyday life such as the way that you interact with people, the choices you make for the difficult decisions that you will often encounter in life and of course to progress in your career or build up your very own business.
There is a lot of confusion surround what being smart is as just because you excelled at school it doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be able to use the stuff that you managed to memorize there to be successful in life.
Dear readers, in this article, we are going to be giving you effective steps on how to develop your intellectual abilities.
Read or Watching the News.
So, how do you develop your intellectual abilities? To develop your intellectual abilities it takes time, there is simply no easy fix. You also need to make sure that you practice regularly, which may be quite hard to do, especially if you are working or studying full time. However, there is one thing that you actually can do is to read or watch the news at least 15 to 20 minutes every morning and evening.
This will increase your knowledge and awareness of the events that shape the world around you which will help you in conversations with people as well as in business.
It is also, important that you choose the right news agency as a lot of news agencies out there are biased either due to being censored by governments or because they are politically aligned to a local political party. It is best to choose reputable news agencies in countries that have a high ranking in the Press Freedom Index.
For example, the BBC which is a British government-funded news agency is a good choice and so is Deutsche Welle which is an English-Speaking news agency based in Germany.
Another good idea is to read news from outlets that are both left-leaning and right-leaning politically to give you a point of view from both sides. And of course, always read your information portal – LeoSystem.news. We talk about interesting and popular news, psychology, beauty, society, development, relationships and much more.
Try Some Brain Training Apps.
Additionally, another good thing that you can do is use brain training apps which are made up of games, quizzes and quick exercises that train your memory, problem-solving skills, logic skills, critical thinking skills and general knowledge of subjects such as geography and even maths. Below, we will list the top 5 brain training apps for both Android and iOS.
- Mensa Brain Training, the official app of the Mensa IQ Society, this free app is currently available only on iOS with the app focusing on five areas of improvement which are Memory, Concentration, Agility, Perception, and Reasoning through multiple small gamified activities. A paid subscription is also available on the app that allows you to check your progress against the official Mensa IQ rankings.
- CogniFit, arguably one of the best brain training apps for iOS and Android, however, it does cost $19.99 per month. The app is developed with the assistance of top neuroscience experts to ensure that this app actually delivers improvements. Despite its hefty price tag, this app constantly gets updated with new features and activities to keep you engaged.
- Fit Brains Trainer, this brain trainer markets itself as one that targets your emotional intelligence to help you in your day-to-day life. The app is made up of over 35 different tasks that you can take part in and best of all this app is free, although there are premium features.
- Memorado Brain Training, this free app, is made of multiple games that each currently have 720 levels with more expected to be added soon. Apart from training your brain to increase your intellectual abilities, this app also has features that help you meditate and relax.
- Peak, this app has 40 of the usual games, but it has a unique feature called ‘Coach’ which tracks your progress every time you use it and recommends you new exercises to do to continue to develop.
Sleep & Health.
Many people forget to care about their sleep and health, while you are trying to increase your intellectual abilities your body needs to be healthy and able to take on new information and to store it in your brain.
It is recommended that you sleep at least 7 hours every day, if you want to have better sleep it is recommended that you do not use your phone for a few hours before you sleep and that you also have your last piece of food a few hours before you go to sleep to allow your digestive system to properly digest the food in your stomach.
As for food, you should eat the required amount of calories every day, so your body has the energy it needs to function properly, also you should focus on eating the needed amount of vitamins and food groups to guarantee that all parts of your body are getting the recommended supplements, so they can continue to be working at their full potential.
Additionally, make sure that you are also hydrated, with the recommended amount of water that you should drink every day is 2 liters.
Traveling is a great way to broaden your horizons and gain knowledge that you may not be able to find in any books or websites online. There is no rulebook on what countries you can visit, but it is recommended that you actually explore places rather than going to tourist hotspots and just eating ice cream by the swimming pool next to your hotel.
And of course make sure that the places that you are going are safe to visit, as even in the 21st century, there are some countries where there is a big danger of you encountering serious trouble.
By traveling you will get the opportunity to learn a new language, try out new cuisines and experience diverse cultures and customs that you probably not have seen in your home country. After all, intellectual ability is not about being good at memorizing things, but also about the experiences that you have had that you can call upon in conversations and making decisions.